Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Bit by Bit: My First Encounter with a “Computer”

My love for computers started with these educational laptops, as seen on the right. My parents bought me a V-Tech My Laptop, similar to the one in the image, and I would often play with it. Those little buttons which taught me about the ABCs with one click had me engrossed from start to finish. I could not let go of it, but I later graduated from these educational laptops and started using our PC (Personal Computer) to play educational games.




When I first used our computer, I was astonished by its numerous functions; it was as if I entered into a whole new world. My educational laptop was indeed a toy–one that paled in comparison to the real thing. In a fascinated child’s eyes, the computer was “magical” because you can learn and do almost anything under the sun with a few clicks.




The Old Logo of Y8
As I was tinkering with my computer, I discovered the website Y8 and was obsessed with its catalog of diverse games for a long time. Later on, I started using the PC more often and continuously discovered new features every time. I may have been intimidated by the computer at first, but I learned how to use it bit by bit.



References:
Y8 Logo [Digital image]. (n.d.). https://y8games.myblog.it/

VTech My Laptop [Digital image]. (n.d.). https://www.bigw.com.au/product/vtech-my-
    laptop/p/859372/

No comments:

Post a Comment